Hain Celestial Group: Working with Activist Investors (A)
Notorious activist investor Carl Icahn purchased 12% of Hain Celestial Group in 2010. Hain CEO Irwin Simon was concerned. Modern activist investors often want to make radical changes. Drawing on the experiences of other companies dealing with activist investors, this case study asks whether CEOs should combat activist investors or try to work alongside them.
Instructions To Download from Study.net
To obtain instructor copy, please follow these steps
- Login to www.study.net and register as faculty
- To add C-CUBES content items click on the C-CUBES 2021 course title
- Click “Edit Course” , “Course Materials” “Add Material”
- Click option 1 “Search Study.Net’s Publishing Partner Library”
- Click under Content Type “articles and cases”
- Click under Discipline “Business Management”
- Click under Content Provider scroll down to “Collaborative for CUBES
- Click “Continue”
You can then browse the C-CUBES case collection and add any specific content titles to your course.
Screenshots to add C-CUBES content below.